You learn some things when you’re going through beauty school, then learning to become a National Educator for major Professional Hair Care company. One thing that we don’t talk about very often when we’re providing services is the importance of using ALL the products to build the look you’re after. When we share this information in the salon, it’s important to remember, we aren’t just trying to sell you stuff. We are trying to give you the tools to duplicate your look at home. I think we shy away from this conversation because of the fear of rejection, but I’m laying it all out there now:
- Shampoo is the foundation. You must lather, rinse, and repeat. This resets the hair and gets it as clean as possible for the next step to work.
- Conditioner is what helps your hair stay healthy and tangle-free. It’s important that you condition your hair every time you shampoo it. Different textures will dictate what type you should be using, but you need it nonetheless…do not skip out on it.
- Leave-in Conditioner (or Primer) this will go on damp hair. This one provides the first level for your style. It primes the hair and prepares for the next product. It will basically prepare the hair to receive the styling product of your choice and provide the best end result.
- Your styling product can be a mousse, gel, blowout cream, balm, serum, or anything of this sort. This one is going to give you the hold, or memory that will make your style last a few days with proper care. This product coupled with your favorite styling tools (blow dryer, brushes, heat tools) is going to provide you lasting looks.
- This is the big finish! Your finishing product can be your favorite hairspray, a shine spray, or even oil or serum. It’s that finishing touch that adds a little “Wow Factor” to your style and keeps you checking out your look in the mirror.
Wishing you Nothing But Happy Hair Days!